The Kenosha County circuit court has filed 5 felony charges (2 homicide) againsts 17 year-old, Illinois native Kyle Rittenhouse. While the media coverage surrounding Rittenhouse has been extensive (his background and motives), very little reporting has been done on Rittenhouse’s victims Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber.
NBC News, for example, pulled information from Rosenbaum’s Facebook page and interviewed his aunt who described him as “a precious young man.” The Chicago Sun Times profiled Anthony Huber, focusing on his passion for skateboarding, opening the article with this quote from Huber’s friend, Justin Tawwater: “He was a great, great dude.”
NBC News and The Chicago Sun Times (along with many other news organizations) have failed to cover, either through omission or negligence, the extensive criminal backgrounds of both Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber. HEADLINE has obtained the criminal records of Rittenhouse’s victims–summaries below.
- Charged and convicted–felony sexual assault of a minor (Arizona, 2002). Rosenbaum was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Inmate #172556.
- During his prison sentence, Rosenbaum committed dozens of major and minor infractions–assault on staff, possession of narcotics, tampering with security devices, etc. (If this link goes dead a copy of the original document can be provided.)
- In 2013, Rosenbaum was sentenced to an additional 2 and 1/2 years in prison for sexual assault (misconduct with a minor) Arizona DOC has pulled some court docs but more are available at cosc.pima.gov/PublicDocs.
- In 2016, Rosenbaum was sentenced to another 2 and 1/2 years for tampering with a security device.
- After moving to Wisconsin, Rosenbaum registered as a sex offender. He also racked up additional charges, including domestic abuse, battery, bail jumping, etc. In fact, his most recent charge of bail jumping was issued as late as 30 July, 2020.
- Charged and convicted of felony false imprisonment, strangulation and suffocation, domestic abuse, and vandalism(Wisconsin, 2012). Huber was sentenced to 2 years in Wisconsin State Prison after probation was revoked.
- As of this writing, Huber still owes the Wisconsin Circuit Court $1,493.26.
- In 2018, Huber was again charged with domestic abuse, battery, repeat offender.
- Huber plead guilty to domestic abuse.
HEADLINE compiles first-hand accounts, official records, direct citations, and data from developing news stories in THE WIRE. While we occasionally add analysis, we tread lightly. The principle purpose of THE WIRE is not to provide commentary, but to equip our readers with the latest, verifiable information on major events as they unfold.
If the links available return 404 errors, the hosting agencies might have pulled the records. HEADLINE retains copies of records shared, which can be made available upon request.